Processed through Paypal
No account required.
Donate Bitcoin to this wallet:
Donate Ethereum to this wallet:
Donate Litecoin to this wallet:
|File - Download VICE- the Versatile Commodore Emulator v3.4|
FYI, always scroll to the bottom of the page to download files on OlderGeeks.com.
We don't believe in fake/misleading download buttons and tricks. The link is always in the same place.
VICE- the Versatile Commodore Emulator v3.4
VICE is a program that runs on a Unix, MS-DOS, Win32, OS/2, Acorn RISC OS, BeOS, QNX 4.x, QNX 6.x, Amiga, GP2X, Dingoo, Syllable or Mac OS X machine and executes programs intended for the old 8-bit computers. The current version emulates the C64, the C64DTV, the C128, the VIC20, almost all PET models, the PLUS4 and the CBM-II (aka C610).
This file has been upgraded to 64bit. If you need Vice for 32bit, click here.
Use 7-Zip 32bit or 7-Zip 64bit to unzip this file.
Changes in Vice 3.4
- Remove support for Syllable OS, SCO, QNX4, QNX6, SGI, AIX, OpenStep/NextStep/
Rhapsody, Solaris/OpenIndiana and remaining traces of Minix, NeXT, SKYOS,
- Remove remaining traces of support for WATCOM, MSVC, OpenWatcom
- Remove aRts support
- Remove YUV rendering
- Remove generation of .chm, .hlp and .info files. Please use the .pdf or .html
- skip building x64 unless --enable-x64 is passed to configure
- do not use the new/experimental 8580 filters unless --enable-new8580filter
is passed to configure
- update pattern generator for uninitialized ram. changed defaults so all
raminitpattern tests pass.
- remove block device disk image (rawdrive) "support". in linux it was never
needed (just use the device file) and on windows it was never implemented.
- added support for the IP232 protocol that was used by the long lost VICE1.19
hack, and which is supported by tcpser for emulating DTR/DCD (carrier detect)
- various userport rs232 fixes
- always save gifs as gif89
- added a couple shift flags to keyboard maps to support virtual cbm/ctrl and
mandatory pressed host modifiers. not all keymaps have been updated yet.
- ACIA IRQ fix
- create empty half tracks when mounting d64. fixes skew.d64
- new headless port that can be enabled by passing --enable-headlessui to
configure. this can be used to build an emulator without video output, which
may be useful for scripting.
** Autostart fixes
- Implemented autostart for tapecart images (.tcrt)
- Automatically change drive type when autostarting disk images that do not
work with the currently active drive.
- Make AutostartRunWithColon default
- fixed autostart when memory hacks are enabled (plus60k, plus256k, plus4)
- make auto-starting from tape also respect the 'basicload' option, loading
absolute by default
- when using a disk image to autostart .prg files, remove the .prg extension
from the temporary file name
- many detail fixes that make autostart work as expected in all emulators and
in all configurations (eg C128 in 80 columns or C64 mode)
** Snapshot fixes
- More strict checking and more explizit error reporting
** 6510 fixes
- Accurate emulation of ANE#imm and LAX#imm "magic constant" dependency on RDY.
All occurrences of unstable use are being logged now. LAX#imm "magic constant"
changed to 0xEF, which makes the problem cases "spectipede" and "turrican 3"
- fix: reset should set the I flag
** VIC-II fixes
- Accurate emulation of the "VSP bug". Warnings about possible VSP related
memory corruption are always logged, actual memory corruption is still
- Fixed changing more than one colour register via monitor
** VIC fixes
- new noise LFSR as reverse engineered by Lance Ewing.
** SID fixes
- use model dependent floating output ttl values like in residfp
- Support full expressions in the monitor conditional breakpoints.
- When deleting checkpoints, reset the index to 1 when there are no more
- Added 'RL' for rasterline and 'CY' for cycle in line to list of conditionals
that can be used for breakpoints.
- in mc/ms commands show asterisk for 1s and dots for 0s, not the other way
- adjust number of disassembled lines so the top line does not scroll out of
the window when labels are used.
- Added "log" and "logname" commands to control logging to a file
- added rudimentary support for CMD-style reading of the RTC
- respect error info in disk images (only when reading right now). Should trick
some simple protections.
- report 65535 blocks free rather than 0 so that applications that query
available disk space before saving work as expected, e.g. some BBSs
** C-64 fixes
- added support for MAX Basic cartridge, new CRTID 61
- added clockport device for rrnet mk3
- fixed reading of 'open' clockport, fixed io dump for clockport devices
- implemented support for cartridge hardware revision in the crt format
- When attaching an Easyflash cartridge image, replace the EAPI driver with the
one for the flash chip VICE supports. This way EF images that contain a
different driver (for whatever reason) will still work.
- various keymaps added and/or fixed/updated.
** C-128 fixes
- added proper C128D model type.
- various MMU fixes
- fixed broken memory mapping in C64 mode
- Completely rewritten VDC vertical handling code. VDC101 demo with it's
vdc-split technique is now fully emulated. This rewrite attempts to emulate
more how the VDC works internally, and how the video signal/screen react, so
the border height etc is now more naturally handled.
- Various misc VDC fixes, e.g. show blank lines with certain register combinations
** Gtk3 UI
- Implemented "restore display" (Alt+r). Resets the active window to its
minimal/natural size. Handy when stretching the window and then not knowing
you can make the window smaller again with resizing that same window until
it doesn't get smaller.
- Change double-clicking images in smart/diskattach dialogs to 'open' instead
- added options to select rendering backend and filter
- fixed opening files with UTF8 encoded filenames
- Make the (VTE) monitor display on top of the emulated machine window when in
- copy only used icons into the distribution, which drastically reduced its size
- Added keyboard debugging to the statusbar
- Added * (all files) filter to the fliplist attach dialog. This will allow
people to use Pi1541 *.lst files at their own peril.
- Add proper statusbar messages when using the fliplist.
- Add howto about creating a Gtk3-Windows cross-compiler on Debian with Fedora
packages (aka FrankenVICE)
- only show the host keyboard mappings in the list for which we have a valid
mapping, grey out symbolic/positional depending on what keymaps are actually
- Move joystick settings to the joystick widget on the statusbar.
- Windows: add icons to binaries
- allow better control of the filter settings by removing tick marks
of the sliders and adding spinboxes (6581+ReSID only)
- Fix the 'media recording' dialog to not show empty widgets when FFMPEG support
is missing, show hint on compiling in FFMPEG instead.
** SDL fixes
- make hotkeys only check left alt, which makes right alt (alt-gr) work in
** macOS fixes
- make open-gl work
- binary distributions, font support, GTK3 dock icon
- fix missing icon theme, fixed pdf manual generation, improved build
- fixed macOS make bindist when building out of tree
- Added instructions for building and debugging using Xcode
Click here to visit the author's website.
Continue below to download this file.
|2,278||6,436||VICE Team <img src="https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/gallery/thumbs/VICE1_th.png"border="0">||Jan 30, 2020 - 12:23||3.4||18.38MB||7Z||, out of 24 Votes.|
|v3.4 VICE- the Versatile Commodore Emulator|
→→ Download Now ←← - Click to Rate File -
Like this download? Share it on Twitter → Tweet