Your download link is at the very bottom of the page... always.
Processed through Paypal
No account required.
Donate Bitcoin to this wallet:
Donate Ethereum to this wallet:
Donate Litecoin to this wallet:
|File - Download CoolTerm v2.0.1|
Always scroll to the bottom of the page for the main download link.
We don't believe in fake/misleading download buttons and tricks. The link is always in the same place.
A simple serial port terminal application.
CoolTerm is a simple serial port terminal application (no terminal emulation) that is geared towards hobbyists and professionals with a need to exchange data with hardware connected to serial ports such as servo controllers, robotic kits, GPS receivers, microcontrollers, etc.
Written in Xojo.
Capability of multiple concurrent connections on separate serial ports.
Display of received data in plain text or hexadecimal format.
Display of received data as graphic chart.
Special receive and transmit character handling.
Sending data via keypresses as well as a "Send String" dialog in plain text or hexadecimal format.
Sending data via copy-paste of text into the terminal window.
Sending of text/binary files via dialog or drag-and-drop.
Capability of capturing received data to text/binary files.
Local echo of transmitted data.
Local echo of received data (loop-back to sender).
Hardware (CTS, DTR) and software flow control (XON).
Visual line status indicators.
Manual control of RTS, DTS, and serial BREAK.
Configurable character, line, and packet delays.
Support for transmit macros.
Saving and retrieving connection options.
CoolTerm comes without an installer and can be placed anywhere on the hard-drive as long as the correct folder structure is maintained. I.e. the included "Libs" and "Resources" folders must reside in the same location as the CoolTerm application.
Please refer to the platform specific "*** System Requirements.txt" document included with the download
How to use it
Please refer to the built-in help.
- The line mode command history is can now be saved in the connection settings. This option can be enabled via the Terminal Options.
- Updated code to automatically create the application data folder if it doesn't exist when saving recent files and last session information.
- Added handling of iotcl errors on macOS and Linux when attempting connect to virtual serial ports creates with socat, ble-serial, etc. This allows connecting to such ports but the selected options such as baudrate, etc., may not be valid (which might not matter).
- Changed the default for "Wait for Termination String" under the file capture options from true to false.
- Replaced ESC[;H with ESC[2J as the escape sequence used to clear screen.
- Added option to use either ASCII 3 (ETX) or ESC[;H to home the display (i.e. scroll it to the very top).
- Improved transmit macro code to honor aborting the current macro during a long <delay> statement.
- Increased the clickable area for the quick menu in the lower left corner and changed GUI widget.
- A clicked LEDs no longer toggles its value if the mouse button is released outside the LED.
- Made TX, RTS, and DTR LED labels clickable. Clicking the corresponding labels now has the same effect as clicking the LEDs themselves.
- Improved responsiveness of handshake LEDs.
- The font size in plain text and hex view can now be changed by using the scroll wheel while pressing the CTRL key.
- Added context menu item to plain text and hex displays to more easily access font settings.
- Updated menu short cuts to toggle status line to also require pressing the Alt (or Option on macOS) key to allow CMD-SHIFT-R to be used to stop a file capture again.
- Pressing the OK button in Chart Properties and Trace Properties windows now immediately redraws the chart rather than waiting for a refresh triggered by new received data.
- The x-axis scaling method is now automatically set to "Auto" whenever the source for the x-axis values is changed.
- Whenever the source for the x-axis value is changed to one of the data columns, CoolTerm will update the X-axis label to the name of the trace associated with the selected data column.
- Improved drawing code when plotting against "Time of day" on the x-axis to skip horizontal lines when time stamps change from the end of the day to the beginning of the day.
- Updated Python scripting example 1 to demonstrate the use of additional useful commands.
- [Python Scripting] Improved text encodings for sending and receiving text data in CoolTerm.py module.
- Added instructions on how to revert CoolTerm to applications defaults to the built-in help.
- Updated crash report to use mailto: instead of FormMail.
- [Linux] Building for 64-Bit ARM systems
- [Linux] Support for dark mode
- [Win] Building for 64-Bit ARM systems
- Previous sessions are now restored even after an improper termination of the app.
- CoolTerm no longer tries to open an send progress window when sending macros with a lot of text, to prevent a ThreadAccessingUI exception.
- [Win] Fixed bug that would freeze the terminal window in plain text mode when moving it between screens with different display scaling factors (e.g. moving from a HiDPI screen to a non-HiDPI screen).
- Fixed bug that caused the serial port info button to not be populated with information when the Connection Options window first opened.
- fixed bug that would overwrite some chart properties when the dialog opens.
- Fixed bug that would cause traces to be drawn incorrectly when plotting against "Time of day" on the x-axis when timestamps include milliseconds.
- [Win][Linux] fixed bug that would tell the user that the scripting sockets are already in use when a 2nd instance of CoolTerm is launched and scripting sockets are enabled.
- [Win][Linux] fixed bug that would make the built-in help view not accessible when opened from the Chart and Trace Properties windows.
- [macOS] added code to prevent being able to close Connection Options or Trace Properties windows while a color picker window is still open as that could otherwise crash the app.
This download is for the Windows 64 version. All other download assets are below:
Click here to visit the author's website.
Continue below for the main download link.
|2,073||3,240||Roger Meier <img src="https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/gallery/thumbs/CoolTerm2_th.png"border="0">||Nov 06, 2023 - 12:11||2.0.1||20.43MB||ZIP||, out of 16 Votes.|
Click to Rate File     Share it on Twitter → Tweet