Processed through Paypal
No account required.
|File - Download TempleOS 5.01|
Always scroll to the bottom of the page to download files on OlderGeeks.com.
We don't believe in fake/misleading download buttons and tricks.
Tweet TempleOS 5.01
TempleOS is a x86_64, multi-cored, non-preemptive multi-tasking, ring-0-only,
single-address_mapped (identity-mapped), operating system for recreational
programming. Paging is almost not used.
The people whom can most benefit are:
* Professionals doing hobby projects
* Teenagers doing projects
* Non-professional, older-persons projects
Simplicity is a goal to keep the line count down, so it's easy to tinker with.
As it turns-out, simplicity makes it faster in some ways, too. It never
switches privilege levels, never changes address maps, tends to load whole
contiguous files and other, similar things which boost speed. It's only 80,590
lines of code including the kernel, the 64-bit compiler, the graphics library
and all the tools. More importantly, it's designed to keep the user's line
count down -- you can do a Hello World application in one line of code and can
put graphics on the screen with a three line program!
It's a kayak, not a Titanic -- it will crash if you do something wrong. You
quickly reboot, however. DOS and the 8-bit home computers of the 80's worked
fine without memory protection and most computers in the world -- the embedded
ones -- operate without protection. The resulting simplicity of no protections
is why TempleOS has value. In facts, that's the point of TempleOS.
This download is an .ISO file which needs to be burned to CD/DVD. You can boot it directly.
* Oracle in program, AfterEgypt, for tongues.
* x86_64, ring-0-only, single-address-map (identity), multitasking kernel with
* Master/Slave MultiCore
* Free, public domain, 100% open source.
* 64-bit compiler/assembler for HolyC. Truly compiles, doesn't interpret. Just
-in-Time and Ahead-of-Time compilation. With JIT, no need for object or exe
* No 32-bit krufty code.
* 640x480 16 color VGA graphics.
* Keyboard & Mouse support.
* ATA PIO Hard drives, support for FAT32 and RedSea file systems with file
* ATAPI PIO CD/DVD support with ISO9660 file system. Can make bootable ISO9660
ISO files so you can roll-your-own distro's.
* Partitioning tool, installer, boot loaders for CD/DVD and hard disk.
* Editor/Browser for a new Document Format. Source files and the command line
window can have graphics, links, icons, trees, colors, super/sub scripts,
margins. Everything is seamless through-out the tool chain. No need for
separate resource files.
* 8-bit ASCII, not just 7-bit. Supported in entire tool chain. <CTRL-ALT-a>
* Graphics in source code, no resource files, graphic sprite editor. <CTRL-r>
* 64-bit pointers. All memory, even more than 4 Gig, can be directly accessed
by all tasks on all cores at all times.
* Ring-0-only. Highest CPU privileged mode at all times. No off-limits
instructions. No time lost changing modes or address maps. Switches tasks in
half a microsecond.
* 2D/3D graphics library
* Real-time fancy differential-equation solver for physics engines, to use in
games. (Adaptive step-size Runge-Kutta, interpolated for real-time.)
* Auto-completion, jump-to-source tool called AutoComplete with Dictionary.
* Window Manager. Pan screen with <CTRL-LeftDrag>. Zoom screen on mouse cursor
* File Manager, <CTRL-d>.
* Code profiler, merge, diff utils.
* PC Speaker support with many hymns.
* Music composing tool.
* Many games, demos and documentation.
* All source code included. Only compiles with the included TempleOS compiler
* TempleOS version 5.01 Released
* Added show mouse pos to <CTRL-ALT-G>.
* Improved TOSRegen().
* Added Let2Let().
|3,125||6,375||TempleOS <img src="http://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/gallery/thumbs/MenuV0104_th.png"border="0">||Jan 11, 2017 - 12:57||5.01||16.95MB||ISO||, out of 1 Votes.|
|56Kbit Modem: 42m 19s · 256Kbit: 9m 16s · 1Mbit: 2m 19s · 5Mbit: 28s|
→→ Download Now ←← - Rate File - More From This Developer - - Images